This trunk provides teachers with all the resources they need to teach their students about the Native Americans of the Great Plains. It is full of Native American artifacts, including clothing, arrowheads, shields, bags, drums, and more. It also includes a curriculum to help bring these artifacts to life.
Native American Education Trunk:
Our education trunks are provided for free to all schools, and shipping is available for schools within Wyoming. Details of shipping are below, but the Native Americans of the Great Plains Education Trunk is also available as a Virtual Trunk. Every artifact has been scanned into a 360 degree photo that students can examine up close. More information about our Virtual Trunks can be found at: Virtual Trunks Page
Details on Trunk Shipping vs. Trunk Pick Up at the Museum.
- Pick up and drop off at the museum is free to every school! If you drive here, you can borrow the trunk!
- If your school is within Wyoming, but more than an hour and a half from the museum, the museum can pay to ship the trunk to you. But you must cover the cost of shipping back to the museum. The museum has a yearly budget allocated to shipping trunks; once that budget is depleted, shipping costs have to be covered by the school.
- The Museum does not ship trunks to schools within an hour and a half of the museum. However, pick up at the museum is always available.
- If your school is outside of Wyoming, you must cover the cost of shipping both ways. Additionally, we are limited to locations that North Park Transportation can deliver to. This usually includes Northern Colorado, Denver, and some other regional states. Check with the museum to learn more.
- The museum does not ship trunks to schools within an hour of the museum, but pick up is always available.
If you want to know more about our Native American Education Trunk, fill out a program request or give us a call.